http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/1081

Author: Suraj Kurapati
Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
Category: core
Target version: 1.9.3

=begin
 Please add a File::write() convenience method to the core Ruby API.

 Currently, it is easier to read whole files than to write them:

   # reading a whole file --- less effort
   text = File::read('foo.txt')

   # writing a whole file --- more effort
   File::open('foo.txt', 'wb') {|f| f.write 'ruby!' }

 This imbalance can be corrected by adding a File::write method,
 such as the following, to the core Ruby API:

   class File
     def self.write path, data, mode = 'wb'
       open(path, mode) {|f| f.write data }

 Thanks for your consideration.