Hello,
Yusuke Endoh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Maybe you find it not useful, but to open up internals it would be nice to print internal docs.
>
> Why do you want to open internal?
> Generally, I don't think it is a good idea.
> It limits future potential.
>
> --
> Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>

I must agree, opening the internals would make harder sensible internal changes.

However, with :nodoc:, it is unclear which methods are available on the yielded object in Benchmark#{benchmark,bm,bmbm}.
(that is probably why I never saw anyone using #item, to which #report is an alias)

Thank you for pointing this out, but I would prefer to keep the internals undocumented to the end user for the moment.
Bug #4726: [doc] benchmark.rb
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4726