http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/1291

Author: David Martin
Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Category: core
Target version: 1.9.x

=begin
 Linux has a the most useful O_CLOEXEC flag for open() that sets the CLOEXEC flag on the new file descriptor.

 You can currently set the CLOEXEC flag on an open file descriptor using IO::fcntl(), but note that this does *not* work in a multithreaded program:  If one thread does open/fcntl while another does an exec, there is a race condition that could produce a file descriptor leak.  The only safe way to open a file with the CLOEXEC flag set in general (as far as I know) is to use the O_CLOEXEC flag to open().
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org