On May 16, 2011, at 23:54 , NARUSE, Yui wrote:

> 2011/5/17 Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com>:
>> So, while working on some documentation, I've noticed that there's a =
lot of
>> mismatched spaces and tabs in the standard library. Is there a real
>> convention for this? Would a patch that converts everything to two =
spaces
>> rather than tabs, and removes white spaces at the ends of lines be =
accepted?
>> I'd imagine that being consistent is better than a patchwork of =
indentation.
>=20
> If you use Emacs or Vim, I wrote a guide:
> =
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DeveloperHowto#coding-styl=

I am disappointed that we can't just switch entirely to spaces. It seems =
so antiquated.

That said, your URL suggests you wouldn't mind a sweeping commit for all =
the ruby code with tabs left. Would that be OK for Steve or me to do?=