2011/5/17 Steve Klabnik <steve / steveklabnik.com>:
> So, while working on some documentation, I've noticed that there's a lot =
of
> mismatched spaces and tabs in the standard library. Is there a real
> convention for this? Would a patch that converts everything to two spaces
> rather than tabs, and removes white spaces at the ends of lines be accept=
ed?
> I'd imagine that being consistent is better than a patchwork of indentati=
on.

If you use Emacs or Vim, I wrote a guide:
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DeveloperHowto#coding-style

You can add another exmaple if you use another editor.

if you are a vim user and want to specify it only to Ruby's source,
you may use BufNewFile and BufRead.
Following is an example when I contributed to openssl project.
au BufNewFile,BufRead src/openssl/*/*.c setl ts=3D8 sw=3D8 scino=3D:0=3D8t0=
f8{8}0

--=20
NARUSE, Yui =A0<naruse / airemix.jp>