On May 16, 2011, at 21:47 , Steve Klabnik wrote:

> So, while working on some documentation, I've noticed that there's a =
lot of mismatched spaces and tabs in the standard library. Is there a =
real convention for this? Would a patch that converts everything to two =
spaces rather than tabs, and removes white spaces at the ends of lines =
be accepted?
>=20
> I'd imagine that being consistent is better than a patchwork of =
indentation.

Please please please please PLEASE please please let's switch to spaces!

The mix of tabs and spaces drives me bonkers. This sums it up perfectly:

http://www.emacswiki.org/pics/static/TabsSpacesBoth.png