Hello,

2011/5/11 KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com>:
>> Could I get any feedback on my latest patch for File.write?
>> It still merges into trunk fine, and passes the various unit tests associated.
>> I'd like to at least get some feedback on it.

Sorry for late reply.  Your patch looks good to me as
a prototype.
But it could probably be better by Run Paint Run Run's
(or RubySpec folks') exhaustive review.

Ah, I noticed one thing.  It fails if encoding (or perm)
is given and there is no specified file yet:

  $ rm -f t
  $ ./ruby -e 'p File.write("t", "foo", encoding: "UTF-8")'
  <internal:prelude>:82:in `initialize': No such file or directory - t
(Errno::ENOENT)

> So, If nobody put objection in this week, I'll commit it.

It would be better to rewrite the patch in C, I think.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>