Hi Yugui, is there any plans for the next patch release of 1.9.2?

Currently, Ruby support is broken in Debian unstable, for instance. It
would be great to include a new patch release as soon as possible
containing this fix:

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4556

For those unfamiliar with the problem, here is a summary.

Debian has disabled SSLv2 in their last package libssl1.0.0 due to
security vulnerabilities (Ruby can be installed with 0.9.8 which was
compiled with SSLv2 enabled).

Ruby 1.9.2-p180 does not provide an option for compiling it without
SSLv2 support. RVM allows compiling openssl from source and using it with:

http://beginrescueend.com/packages/openssl/

This has at least two problems:

1 - People concerned about security might not want to enable SSLv2;
2 - That is what most concerns me. It gets almost impossible to use the
pg gem in Debian unstable:

That is due libpq depending on system libssl which is not compatible
with the openssl provided by RVM which Ruby has been compiled against.
This results in segmentation fault keeping it very hard to have, for
instance, a Rails 3 application with PostgreSQL databases in Debian
unstable.

If #4556 is included in the next patch release to 1.9.2 this would be
much simpler to deal with.

Is there any schedule for that?

Best regards,

Rodrigo.