On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Yuki Sonoda (Yugui) <yugui / yugui.jp> wrote=
:

> Hi,

Hello,

> First of all, I am sorry for proposing a plan to Ruby 1.9.3 so late.
> I missed proposing it because of the earthquake in Japan.
>
> Now Ruby 1.9.3 is much stable than on Feb. =A0Its feature is getting
> stable. It's time to decide a plan to release Ruby 1.9.3.
>
> I propose the following rough schedule.
> * The end of May: feature freeze. =A0create ruby_1_9_3 branch.
> * The end of Jan: implementation freeze. =A0don't change without
> permission after that.
> * The end of Jul or early Aug: release Ruby 1.9.3
>
> The possible release blocker is the recent improvement of GVL. =A0It is a
> change in the core piece of Ruby and I would like to have it in Ruby
> 1.9.3 if possible.
> I believe Kosaki-san is recently reviewing locks in YARV. =A0Will it have
> finished on the end of Jun?
>
> What do you think about the schedule?

I like the schedule, as today, 32bits builds of Ruby under MinGW generates:

ruby 1.9.3dev (2011-05-09 trunk 31496) [i386-mingw32]
9618 tests, 1880064 assertions, 22 failures, 14 errors, 83 skips

https://gist.github.com/962780

There are some segfaults and stalls during the process, which turns
the automation of ruby-trunk impossible for us.

I would like to work on improve that and correct some of the false
positive tests.

1.9.3 solves some performance issues found in 1.9.2 on load and
require which had a huge impact on adoption of 1.9.2 on Windows.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the API version. It will
still be 1.9.1?

Beyond that, eagerly looking forward this release.

--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-