Since ln command does not have -r option, I am kind of hesitating to add ln_r.  I understand usefulness of the method.  But I am not sure yet where to add (is fileutils the best place?), and what to add (is ln_r the best name for the method?).

matz.
Feature #4189: FileUtils#ln_r
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4189

Author: Thomas Sawyer
Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Category: lib
Target version:

 I wrote a method for FileUtils to do recursive hard linking. It works just like cp_r but links instead of copies.

 The code can be found along with the pull request I made to ruby/ruby on Github:

   http://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4#issuecomment-631067

 It's a pretty handy method for "staging" read-only files. For example I've used it to stage test fixture files in a tmp testing location and I've used it collect together a set of files for packaging into a tarball.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org