http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/3436

Author: Maximilian Gass
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

 As discussed in http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1820, Ruby 1.9.1
 always spawns a timer thread which is required to handle scheduling of Ruby
 threads. Rubinius did the same and I suggested to only spawn the thread if it
 is required, only when Ruby threading is used. I don't know anything about the
 internals of Ruby, but could this method be used in MRI as well?

 The timer thread prevents the CPU from going idle and saving power/battery, so it would be nice to avoid it.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org