Hi,

2011/4/9 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> I am not sure whether adding new zip_with or adding zip with symbol at
> last would be better.

I'm neutral for adding zip with symbol at last, but I
object to letting zip with block return a new array.

2011/4/5 Benoit Daloze <eregontp / gmail.com>:
> An unconditional nil is anyway not useful here, the only concern I see
> might be the cost of creating this Array.

It is actually a problem.
I have used Array#zip with block for iteration many times.

  big_ary1.zip(big_ary2) do |x, y|
    p [x, y]
  end

The change requires some people (including me) to *rewrite*
such a code as follows:

  big_ary1.size.times do |i|
    x, y = big_ary1[i], big_ary2[i]

So I like zip_with, if it is really needed.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>