Evan Phoenix <evan / fallingsnow.net> wrote:
> Has there been any thought on solving the C extension problem in MVM?
> In the present state, I've stopped working on it in Rubinius because
> there is no workable solution if there are C extensions in the mix.

Is it just avoiding redundant load of dynamic libs and remembering to
call Init_foo() on a per-VM basis?

I suppose the other problem is C-level global variables and
rb_global_variable(), but not all extensions use those...

I think a useful subset of C extensions can be made to work with MVM,
but I haven't been thinking of this problem for long (only since reading
your email :)

Perhaps you or someone can elaborate or point me to a writeup on the
problem(s).

--
Eric Wong