Hi,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Arnau Sanchez <rbarnau / gmail.com> wrote:
 > I don't know if it's polite to comment in old closed issues, excuse
me if it's not.

 > I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with Marc-Andre:
 > the lack of Enumerable-to-Hash conversion is important;
 > in my experience it's an extraordinarily common transformation. [...]

Thanks for commenting on this old request.

You might want to read the thread [ruby-core:33683] on Akira's
proposal for Enumerable#categorize and my alternative proposal
Enumerable#associate which would act as a more versatile
Enumerable#to_hash. I've meant to post a tweaked proposition for too
long, so let's hope I can revitalize the thread today.

Your input could have more impact on that thread than on this one.
Hopefully we can come up with a neat functionality for the next
version of Ruby.

--
Marc-Andr