> Hi Nobu, you closed the bug but I didn't see any actions/resolution associated with it. What gives? Thanks!

Seems a bug in the automatic update from svn.

It was solved with r31121:
* ext/win32ole/extconf.rb (create_docfile): removed.  should not
  modify source directory unnecessarily, platform dependent
  documentation should be dealt with by rdoc.  [ruby-core:35495]

Also, I think the updated Redmine is less clear about resolution.
Bug #4503: ext/win32ole writes into $srcdir during build, breaking read-only source tree builds
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4503