Issue #4352 has been updated by James M. Lawrence.

Yusuke Endoh:
>> Since source_location claims to be "the ruby source filename and line
>> number containing this proc", I was thinking that source_location
>> could give the "true" location, ignoring the file/line "lies" passed
>> to eval.
>
>Honestly, I understand your expectation.  It is of course acceptable to
>fix it in 2.0.  But it would require a major modification because the
>current implementation itself does NOT know the "true" location.  The
>information is discarded at the parse time.

Did you misunderstand? It's not my expectation--the next sentence said
it was wrong, and indeed I rely on the current behavior.

My expectation is that overriding file/line for eval can only be done
explicitly, never implicitly through the binding. That's what the
patch does. What did you think of my argument for that?

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org