Hello,

In message "[ruby-core:35031] Re: Question: Windows versions - supported and deprecated platforms."
    on Feb.02,2011 05:28:46, <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Having said this, could be possible we raise the bar on _WIN32_WINNT
> >> to minimum 0x0500 ?
> >
> > 0x0501, I want :)
>
> Mr. Nakamura, what would be your best approach to define this?
>
> fixed part of include/ruby/ruby.h ?
>
> Added as AC_DEFINE by configure.in?

Ah, mswin already has --with-ntver configure option.
If the option is specified, the value is passed to win32/Makefile.sub
in NTVER macro, and finally expanded to CPPFLAGS as the value of
_WIN32_WINNT.

So, about mingw, you should create a new configure option like mswin one,
and make the default value of the option 0x0501.

Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>