Hello,

While working through the codebase familiarizing with certain aspects
of the workflow, I noticed that Ruby still contain code and
definitions that wrap around NT vs 9X code.

While is not clear from the SupportedPlatforms wiki page:
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/wiki/ruby-19/SupportedPlatforms

mswin32 can be identified as Windows 9X.

Keeping win9x code or API usage can impact any further improvement in
Windows area as limit our abilities to take advantage of these newer
functionality.

Having said this, could be possible we raise the bar on _WIN32_WINNT
to minimum 0x0500 ?

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17