Dne 29.1.2011 17:27, Jeremy Bopp napsal(a):
> On 01/29/2011 10:19 AM, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
>> Issue #4343 has been updated by Nobuyoshi Nakada.
>>

>>> Why there is for the first case listed "bla." instead of just "bla".
>> Because you gave "bla.".  Dir.glob respects the given pattern as possible.
>> And "bla." and "bla" are same on NTFS.
> Wouldn't that fact imply that "bla.*" should also match "bla" in that
> case?  I think that is where the confusion lies.  Some globs, such as
> "bla.*", won't match "bla" while others, such as "bla.", will match.
>
> I would argue that for compatibility reasons, globbing on "bla." should
> *not* match even on Windows.  Globbing under the Windows cmd shell is
> different than under Unix shells, but Ruby should enforce a single
> globbing strategy for all supported platforms for consistency.
>
> -Jeremy

Well ruby should enforce as much as it can, but you should remember that
while you can do this on linux:

vita@vita-desktop:~$ echo something > bla
vita@vita-desktop:~$ echo something > bla.
vita@vita-desktop:~$ ls bla*
bla  bla.

the windows version will have different result no matter what:

C:\temp>echo something > bla

C:\temp>echo something > bla.

C:\temp>dir bla*
  Svazek v jednotce C je Windows7_x64_OS.
  Sriov slo svazku je 2C6E-5F69.

  Vpis adrese C:\temp

29.01.2011  17:31                12 bla
            Soubor:      1,   Bajt:                     12
            Adres:     0,   Volnch bajt: 21 459 759 104