On 01/29/2011 10:19 AM, Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Issue #4343 has been updated by Nobuyoshi Nakada.
>

>> Why there is for the first case listed "bla." instead of just "bla".
>
> Because you gave "bla.".  Dir.glob respects the given pattern as possible.
> And "bla." and "bla" are same on NTFS.

Wouldn't that fact imply that "bla.*" should also match "bla" in that
case?  I think that is where the confusion lies.  Some globs, such as
"bla.*", won't match "bla" while others, such as "bla.", will match.

I would argue that for compatibility reasons, globbing on "bla." should
*not* match even on Windows.  Globbing under the Windows cmd shell is
different than under Unix shells, but Ruby should enforce a single
globbing strategy for all supported platforms for consistency.

-Jeremy