Hi,

2011/1/19 Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com>:
> I'm going to be committing rubygems 1.5.0 into trunk in a bit.
>
> We did what we could to selectively merge the ~1700 lines of diff betweenubygems v1.3.7
> and ruby_1_9's rubygems 1.3.7+ back into our master branch. It was a lot of unnecessary
> work and I'd like to avoid it in the future. Specifically:
>
> + rubygems _has_ to be 1.8 compatible.
> + Changes need to have tests.
> + Changes need to make it into our repo. First.
> + Changes should be discussed.
> + The version released in ruby-core should _exactly_ correspond to a version we've released.
>
> If you wish to commit to RubyGems we will happily add you to the RubyGemsroject on github.

I understand your position.
On you side, what you say is absolutely correct.
If I were on your side, I will say exactly what you say.

But on our side, who live with ruby-trunk, we don't want to live with
broken library.
It makes our life worse.
Moreover we run chkbuild, autotest for CRuby, so we want to keep the
result enough clean.
We need workaround.

Yeah, new feature for rubygems should make it into rubygems repo first.
But workaround bug  fixes are not acceptable.
# Of course you can merge workaround as better fixed one with test.

If you can think rubygems in CRuby's repo as a stable branch,
you and we can make acceptable policy.

--
NARUSE, Yui naruse / airemix.jp>