On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Hiroshi Nakamura <nakahiro / gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> Hi, committers,
>
> Please don't think it's a fork. =A0I'm going to keep ext/openssl at
> Ruby's repository up-to-date and stable like rubygems and rdoc. =A0We'll
> keep master branch of the new repository in sync with ext/openssl at
> Ruby's repo. =A0Any CRuby committer should have an commit bit of the new
> repo.
>
> And eventually I want Martin to be a maintainer of ext/openssl.
>
> Where's the best repository location for this purpose do you think?
> github.com/ruby/ruby-openssl if we can use?

I think the repository under ruby organization will be the best option.

> github.com/emboss/ruby-openssl? (Martin's one, already exist)

Once ruby/ruby-openssl is created (as fork from emboss), you can ask
GitHub to mark ruby one as root of the tree.

A shameless plug, but since you guys are going to build it as a gem to
keep improving the project and sync back to Ruby, can you guys use
rake-compiler?

http://github.com/luislavena/rake-compiler

Using rake-compiler, specially it's cross compiling abilities will
highly reduce the amount of work I would have to do to ensure the
project installs and works on Windows.

Thank you.
--=20
Luis Lavena