Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:34303] Re: [Ruby 1.9-Feature#4254][Open] Allow method transplanting"
    on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:50:32 +0900, Benoit Daloze <eregontp / gmail.com> writes:

|As Ryan mentioned, I think it is a danger a developer using #bind can live with.
|
|The best would be able to check if it is actually impossible (so
|detect if a method is implemented in C), and raise in that case.
|I do not know if that is possible and reliable. (eg:
|Method#source_location.nil?)
|
|But I think it is best allowed for all than none class methods.

I disagree.  The implementation language of a method may change
between versions.  Relying on that may make programs fragile.
Trusting programmers should not be excuse for making Ruby a dangerous
place for the programmers.

							matz.