Dear all,

It is really sad how the discussion evolves. We should not attack each other only for advertising a particular version control system. These tools should make our live easier, at the moment it seems that at least the arguments for all of these tools causing the opposite.

At the moment the following points are stated several times:

	- one important committer will leave, if we switch to git
		-> can we do something against it?

	- yugui has to invest additional work to modify redmine
		-> is the source of the modifed redmine available so that people can help?

	- new people would be committing work to Ruby if we switch to git
		-> is this really true? how much stuff is coming back via the current git-mirror on github?

	- there isn't yet a complete solution for the revision linking problem from existing mails
		-> maybe someone with git and svn knowledge can make a blog post which describes
		what has to be done to solve this.

As Mr. NARUSE has pointed out, there is an old text in the wiki:
	http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/wiki/ruby/REP1_Migration_to_Git_for_version_control

To make this discussion more sustainable maybe we should center this discussion about this proposal and add new arguments and solution to it. Also due to the reason that I still like the idea of something like a REP.

Best Regards
Daniel