On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 23:50, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas / lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 07/01/11 at 08:07 +0900, mathew wrote:
>> Who are the "us" you speak of? You've announced that you're giving up
>> on Ruby packaging.
>> <http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=617>
>
> I've been working on that for the last 4 years, and I doubt the Debian
> Ruby packages suddenly got a lot worse since 4 days ago, so you are
> still insulting me.

I'm stating a fact when I say that RubyGems in the Ubuntu 1.9 packages
was broken, and I had to install from source to get the Gems to
install so I could get Rails working. It's also a fact that the Debian
packages are hacked to put the Gems in a non-standard location and
fail to add Gem-installed binaries to the path. Broken, and the Debian
maintainers refuse to fix it.

<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=403407>

If you want to stop being told your packages are broken, stop
deliberately breaking Ruby and then releasing it that way.

>> > You are too busy
>> > with being an annoying troll polluting this thread with your stupid bzr
>> > spam.
>> [...]
>> > Friendly,
>>
>> This is you being mature, is it?
>
> This is stating facts. Also, since I'm a member of the Ubuntu
> community, I'd like to state that I think that your behaviour is not
> matching the Ubuntu code of conduct.

That'll be the one that says "We may not always agree, but
disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour and poor manners. We
might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot
allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack."

Start following the code yourself before criticizing others for not
following it.

> It's not acceptable to come to
> developer communities and then suggest that they should move to bzr
> and launchpad when there's no hint that there the slight interest for
> bzr in that community.

I didn't suggest that Ruby should move to bzr and Launchpad.

mathew