On 06-01-2011 04:06, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: [ruby-core:34120] Re: Moving to Git?"
>      on Thu, 6 Jan 2011 04:18:46 +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto<matz / ruby-lang.org>  writes:
>
> |I meant redmine.ruby-lang.org and the ruby-cvs mailing list.
> |
> | * log is post to the list when commit is done
> | * if commit log contains reference to the issue, redmine
> |   automatically update the issue status.
>
> I forgot one more thing.  We core developers are so familiar with
> referring a patch set as r12345, which is far better identification
> than e45fe4c of git.  Maybe it's only matter of time though.
>
> 							matz.

Humm, that remembers me that even if you don't mind to have the strange
checksum as a commit identification, it wouldn't be that easy to change
from subversion to git regarding the Redmine site. The problem is that
since the revision names will change, all the existent commit messages
refering to svn commit identifications will mean nothing after moving to
git and so Redmine won't be able to associate the commits with the
issues, losing the history.

So, we would need to make some program for collecting this pattern from
the commit messages and substitute them by the appropriate checksum
rewriting the messages. This would certainly break the official github
mirror, but that is a minor problem.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

Best regads,

Rodrigo.