Bug #4237: SSL_shutdown should be called until it returns 0

Author: Aaron Patterson
Assigned to: Hiroshi NAKAMURA
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3dev (2011-01-06 trunk 30471) [x86_64-darwin10.5.0]

The documentation says SSL_shutdown should be called until it returns 0.  I believe this was causing heap corruption that can be demonstrated through the steps listed here:

  http://intertwingly.net/blog/2010/12/07/SQLite3-CorruptException-database-disk-image-is-malformed

make sure you use Ruby r30293 or earlier.  I believe r30294 only fixed a symptom is it closes the SSL socket twice (once from the call to `close` and once again during GC).

Please note that Sam sees the problem because postfix is establishing a TLS connection.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org