> > I say this because (a) bzr's command set is almost identical to svn
> > for all core operations, making it a much less painful change; and (b)
> > bzr works well on Windows, unlike git.
> >

> The only problem I've seen regarding Git and Windows was with a
> colleague that had the great idea of sharing an NTFS git folder between
> Ubuntu and Windows. There were problems regarding filename charsets.
>
> What other problems did you find with Git on Windows?

FWIW, I primarily use msysgit 1.7.3.1 from Command Prompt and Console2 shells by putting C:\git\cmd on PATH and occasionally use C:\git\git-bash.bat from a desktop shortcut. I use git to interact with local repos, GitHub repos, Gitorious repos, and a dev repo running on Arch Linux within a local VirtualBox clone.

I find msysgit very usable on Win7 and also like the simple fact that one of the project's owners, Johannes Schindelin, shows up prominently in

C:\projects\git>git log --pretty=format:%aN | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn
   8741 Junio C Hamano
   1384 Shawn O. Pearce
   1096 Linus Torvalds
    719 Johannes Schindelin