Em 05-01-2011 17:16, mathew escreveu:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:28, Jon<jon.forums / gmail.com>  wrote:
>> If this thread restart has any chance of convincing anyone (other than enticing Ryan to
>> comment) to move the One True Ruby Repo to git, we git partisans should describe
>> _relevant scenarios_ in which we've found git makes committers lives _much_ less painful.
> And you should also describe relevant scenarios in which git makes
> life much better, but bzr wouldn't.
>
> I say this because (a) bzr's command set is almost identical to svn
> for all core operations, making it a much less painful change; and (b)
> bzr works well on Windows, unlike git.
>

> mathew

The only problem I've seen regarding Git and Windows was with a
colleague that had the great idea of sharing an NTFS git folder between
Ubuntu and Windows. There were problems regarding filename charsets.

What other problems did you find with Git on Windows?

Regarding bazar, I don't know it, as much as most git users. I'm not
against it, but I don't think that having a similar command set is a
good enough reason for using that instead of the much popular git...

Rodrigo.