--------------030709040903090803030302

  Em 05-01-2011 13:15, U.Nakamura escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> In message "[ruby-core:34099] Re: Moving to Git?"
>      on Jan.05,2011 19:45:36,<kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Even though I know some developers hate it.
> We might move to git when it can be judged that the advantage
> exceeds the disadvantage.
> I do not know who decides the timing.
> However, until the determiner judges that the advantage exceeds
> the disadvantage, people who hope to move should keep explaining
> the advantage.
>

> Regards,

Well, I guess I can help listing some advantages. Using git:

- off-line working: it is possible to develop off-line separating the
commits
- speed: it is much faster to commit, create and alternate branches
- sharing: it is much faster to fork the project and save your
modifications to Github, for instance, allowing others to review your
changes easily than sending patches to specific revisions on Redmine.
- rebasing: Git allows us to easily maintain feature branches, through
rebasing and history rewriting until it gets merged to master (or trunk)
- work-flow: we are able to use many types of work-flow differently from
centralized VCS approach.
- front-end: Github and Gitorious are great examples of good web
interface to git and they are pretty much popular among developers.
Also, most (if not all) Rails developers use Git as their main (sole?)
VCS and they are a great amount of Ruby developers who might me
interested in contributing to Ruby.

If I think in more advantages, I'll let you know.

Best regards,

Rodrigo.

--------------030709040903090803030302

  <head>
      http-equiv
ontent-Type"> </head> <body bgcolorffffff" text000000"> Em 05-01-2011 13:15, U.Nakamura escreveu: <blockquote citeid:20110105151456.B6CD16EA2E / zanzibar.garbagecollect.jp" type
ite"> <pre wrap>Hello, In message "[ruby-core:34099] Re: Moving to Git?" on Jan.05,2011 19:45:36, <a classoz-txt-link-rfc2396E" hrefailto:kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com">&lt;kosaki.motohiro / gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote: </pre> <blockquote type