--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 06:55:47AM +0900, NARUSE, Yui wrote:
> Some of you may don't know your rights.
> Some of you may believe the myth of ruby-dev.
> I'll explain them to clear the ruby development process and make it better.
>
> First, all ruby-core people have the right to ask everything you want to know.
> # even if we answer "learn floating point number" ;-)
> So fell free to ask about ruby; for example
> * what's going on with ruby_1_8 branch
> * what's going on with ruby 1.9.1
> * when we release ruby 1.9.3
> * how about ruby 2.0
> * why this method works like this
> etc.
>
> Most of such question should be documented some where like Redmine's wikir rdoc.
> So to ask such question is also contribution.
>

> Someone believe that many important decision of ruby is made over ruby-dev.
> But we discussed important decisions in ruby-core like [ruby-core:32009],
> [ruby-core:25285], [ruby-core:25272], [ruby-core:32156] and so on.
> Some of them are discussed in both ruby-dev and ruby-core, but topics
> are transferred between them.
>
> Someone believe that the detailed behavior of methods are discussed in ruby-dev.
> Of course on some cases it is true.
> But on many cases I think there are no discussion; it is unspecified behavior
> and it is not discussed in neither ruby-dev nor ruby-core nor IRC nor twitter.
> For example branching policy, as far as I know, there is no conclusive document.
> (Even if some people know Ruby's branching policy is derived from *BSD,
>  and ours should follow *BSD's one. [ruby-dev:25635] [ruby-dev:27275])
> So if you want to know or specify it, you must post a mail to ruby-core.
>
> As I said above, all of you have rights to ask.
> We welcome people who use the rights.
> Feel free to ask any questions.
>
> So any questions?

Why is #ruby:*.jp hosted on irc.ircnet.ne.jp?  Even if English speakers
cannot participate in the IRC channel, it would be nice to at least
watch.

I know the password for the IRC server is freely available, but the only
website I've seen with the password listed is in Japanese.  Could this
channel move to freenode?

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/