Some of you may don't know your rights.
Some of you may believe the myth of ruby-dev.
I'll explain them to clear the ruby development process and make it better.

First, all ruby-core people have the right to ask everything you want to know.
# even if we answer "learn floating point number" ;-)
So fell free to ask about ruby; for example
* what's going on with ruby_1_8 branch
* what's going on with ruby 1.9.1
* when we release ruby 1.9.3
* how about ruby 2.0
* why this method works like this
etc.

Most of such question should be documented some where like Redmine's wiki or rdoc.
So to ask such question is also contribution.

Someone believe that many important decision of ruby is made over ruby-dev.
But we discussed important decisions in ruby-core like [ruby-core:32009],
[ruby-core:25285], [ruby-core:25272], [ruby-core:32156] and so on.
Some of them are discussed in both ruby-dev and ruby-core, but topics
are transferred between them.

Someone believe that the detailed behavior of methods are discussed in ruby-dev.
Of course on some cases it is true.
But on many cases I think there are no discussion; it is unspecified behavior
and it is not discussed in neither ruby-dev nor ruby-core nor IRC nor twitter.
For example branching policy, as far as I know, there is no conclusive document.
(Even if some people know Ruby's branching policy is derived from *BSD,
 and ours should follow *BSD's one. [ruby-dev:25635] [ruby-dev:27275])
So if you want to know or specify it, you must post a mail to ruby-core.

As I said above, all of you have rights to ask.
We welcome people who use the rights.
Feel free to ask any questions.

So any questions?

--