On 26 December 2010 01:24, Yugui <yugui / yugui.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your interest in development of Ruby.
>
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Benoit Daloze <eregontp / gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would love to see your answer on this thread, matz, especially since
>> I saw your 2010 keynote at EuRuKo concluding with "See you at
>> ruby-core / ruby-lang.org".
>> Well, here I am, how can I help ?
>
> I know some hackers are not interested in documentation so much,
> however, documentation is another welcomed contribution if you like
> it.

I am not a big fan of documentation, but I think it is important and I
would be happy to help.

> I introduced document generation by Doxygen (www.doxygen.org). Ruby
> 1.9.2 or later generates documentation of C API on its build.
> BUT, there are a few doxygen comment in Ruby. It means there are many
> tasks to do.  ¨Βου γασεσονε δογυνεξτατιοεψανπμεσ ιξ γμασσ®αξ> object.c.

I see. I remember my surprise when I first saw that doc/capi folder.
The result is very nice.

I remember doxygen was taking a while to build the documentation when
compiling Ruby, and it seems to still be the case.
Do you know why is it so long ? (that made me uninstall doxygen unfortunately)

> A patch that adds appropriate doxygen comments is always welcome.  ¨Βξδ
> reading sources and writing documentation will increase your knowledge
> about Ruby's implementation and C.

Sure, and I heard that same idea in Dave Thomas' keynote (RubyConf
2010) about documentation in general.

As this documentation will surely help me understanding the code, it
seems both fair and obvious I help for documentation.

Thank you for pointing me back to doxygen,

Best regards,
Benoit Daloze