Hello,

IPAddress [1] is a library to manipulate IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. It
has been written as a replacement for IPAddr, trying to fix some of
its bugs, and at the same time extending its functionalities and
offering a more powerful and flexible interface.

Migrating from IPAddr to IPAddress is very easy, as most of the
methods have the same name and same behaviour. Moreover, IPAddress is
around 50% faster than IPAddr, and it's very well documented in each
of its parts. The code is very clear, easy to read, to maintain and to
extend, consisting mostly of one line methods.

I've been in touch with the maintainer of IPAddr, Mr. Akinori MUSHA,
asking him if he would consider IPAddress as a replacement, and he
suggested me to write to -core.

I think IPAddress is mature enough, so here is my proposal. Let me
know what you think.

Best regards,
Marco

[1] https://github.com/bluemonk/ipaddress