On Dec 14, 2010, at 10:01 , Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Haase, Konstantin
> <Konstantin.Haase / student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>> That would be a great feature and would ease unified behavior amongst di=
fferent implementations a lot. Also, it would be more stable that trying to=
 parse sourced from files on your own (you could never be sure you actually=
 got the right code, it's not possible for generated code, etc), and would =
allow other fancy features, like displaying the correct code in the backtra=
ce on the rack error page. Also, I guess this feature is probably not to ha=
rd to implement. AFAIK it has been discussed a few times in the Rubinius IR=
C channel.
>=20
> We have discussed it as well. It's not especially hard, but it does
> eat up memory. Also, for implementations that support ahead-of-time
> compilation (like JRuby), you'd ideally not want to ship embedded
> source. That could probably be a compiler flag, though.

Being able toe turn it on and off during runtime would be a great feature a=
nd would reduce memory overhead.

Konstantin