(2010/12/01 1:30), Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 21:08, Yui NARUSE wrote:
>
>> Issue #4100 has been updated by Yui NARUSE.
>>
>> I reject Hunk #7 because :nodoc: method is not a public API.
>
> Then should the examples switch from using #error! to #value?
>
> (The example using #error! exists in 1.8.)

Yes, it should use #value.

(2010/12/01 1:37), Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 19:09, Yui NARUSE wrote:
>> In Hunk #4, why partly using HTTP_PROXY?
>> And it assumes HTTP_PROXY begins with http:// though it is not always URI.
>>
>> Ah, HTTP_PROXY is from original doc.
>
> Should we correct the example to not assume that HTTP_PROXY is a URI?
>
> Should we add a note mentioning that HTTP_PROXY may be either a host, host:port or URI?
>  (RubyGems can accept all three values so I believe that all three have been found in the wild.)

If we assume the value set as HTTP_PROXY has a valid URI form
(not a style like HTTP_PROXY=user:pass / example.com:8080,
  but HTTP_PROXY=http://user:pass / example.com:8080)
proxy.host should use uri.hostname (yes, this is not #host, #hostname is correct
because of IPv6 address) and port should use uri.port.

--
NARUSE, Yui  <naruse / airemix.jp>