On Nov 29, 2010, at 19:47 , john mair wrote:

> This is a very simple function, it would be implemented as follows:
>=20
>    module Kernel
>      private
>      def let() yield end
>    end
>=20
> First of all, do not dismiss this functionality out of hand because of=20=

> its simplicity.

Personally, I like it... I think it is a very illustrative tool with a =
lot of utility (mostly for teaching, but that's still very useful).

But I think you should release it as a gem first and let it make the =
rounds.=20

And hey... if you write it, rails will find a way to use it! DBT :D

That's how the tap method came to be in core...