Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:33421] [Ruby 1.9-Feature#4085] Refinements and nested methods"
    on Sat, 27 Nov 2010 17:35:43 +0900, Chauk-Mean Proum <redmine / ruby-lang.org> writes:

|>Some other people said the same, but I think `using' is better than
|>`use' because `use' is already used in Rack.
|
|IMHO, it would be a shame to have such a new core feature with a "strange" naming.
|I also prefer use instead of using.

For specifying namespace, "using" is used in many languages, C++, C#
etc.  On the other hand, as far as I know, no language use the keyword
"use" for namespaces, but for other purposes.  For example, Perl6's
"use" is to mix-in traits, just like Ruby's "include".

So, from language designers' view, "using" is not that strange.

							matz.