Issue #4085 has been updated by Chauk-Mean Proum.

11/27/2010 09:46 AM - Loren Segal wrote :
>> I also prefer use instead of using.
>> May be the core team can request Rack developers to rename their use method to e.g. rack_use.
>> I guess that this new feature will be available only for ruby-1.9.3+.
>> So this leaves time for Rack developers and users to migrate their code base.
>This is really bad release engineering. You don't just change a method name because it's "strange".

Yes, I know that changes that break backward compatibility should be avoided.

>"Migrating" a codebase doesn't work when you need to support older Ruby versions,

In this case, the impact is on Rack and Web frameworks that rely on Rack (and I agree that there is lot as pointed by Konstantin). But there is no impact on older Ruby versions as refine/using is a new feature.
It is also just a proposal.

> FWIW, since you brought it up, your linked issue has the same problem of completely
> breaking backwards compat. for nothing but vanity, and I wouldn't be fond of that either.

Vanity ?
It seems that I was not alone to prefer use to using.
Regarding the proposal for renaming append_features, it was only to make the relationship with include more clear.
If other people think that this is not worth breaking the compatibility, then that's fine.

Please leave other people express their opinion, a different opinion does not mean vanity.

Chauk-Mean.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org