On 11/27/2010 3:35 AM, Chauk-Mean Proum wrote:
> IMHO, it would be a shame to have such a new core feature with a "strange" naming.
> I also prefer use instead of using.
> May be the core team can request Rack developers to rename their use method to e.g. rack_use.
> I guess that this new feature will be available only for ruby-1.9.3+.
> So this leaves time for Rack developers and users to migrate their code base.
This is really bad release engineering. You don't just change a method
name because it's "strange". "Migrating" a codebase doesn't work when
you need to support older Ruby versions, it only makes things messier
for no good reason. FWIW, since you brought it up, your linked issue has
the same problem of completely breaking backwards compat. for nothing
but vanity, and I wouldn't be fond of that either.

Personally I see no problem with `using`. I'm not sure what the fuss is
about.

- Loren