Issue #4071 has been updated by coderrr ..

Yui,

I should point out that the RFC actually does provide an "out" for allowing a password in the userinfo in section 7.5: "A password appearing within the userinfo component is deprecated and should be considered an error (or simply ignored) except in those rare cases where the 'password' parameter is intended to be public."  Since Ruby of course can't know when a password is intended to be public you could make an argument that we should support that format and leave the decision to ignore it or not up to the developer.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org