On Nov 25, 2010, at 05:55 , Shugo Maeda wrote:

>>    IMO, it will be more natural to provide this feature as new
>>    constract with new syntax, instead of Module's methods.
>=20
> First, I consider it, but I wouldn't like to introduce new keywords.

Plus that way it would be possible to stub the refine method and write code=
 that does work on earlier ruby versions. Imagine RSpec switching to refine=
ments in order to avoid global namespace pollution. It would be rather easy=
 to implement a Module#refine that does in fact pollute the global namespac=
e as a fall back. If new syntax is added, this wouldn't be possible.

Konstantin