Hi,

2010/11/24 Etienne Vallette d'Osia <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> +1 for refinements.

Thank you.

> What about the problems you shown during your talk ?

No progress yet.  So details may be changed after it is merged into trunk.

> For nested function, I suppose it is better to transform them into lambdas,

I think it's a (maybe too) big change because it means that real
functions are introduced into Ruby.
I like the fact that there are no functions (except lambda) in Ruby.
Even def at the top-level defines not a function but a method.  It's
consistent as an object-oriented language.

Anyway, if my proposal about nested methods is not acceptable, I
withdraw it and propose only refinements.

--
Shugo Maeda