Issue #4047 has been updated by Garthy X.

Thankyou! :) I have had no luck reporting this issue in the past. Thankyou for taking the time to looking at it, and especially for finding the fault in my test code.

I can confirm that this change solves the fast crash I was experiencing, and seems to work for longer runs as well (just a few minutes worth though).

I am going to set up this test under some different environments and for a few different Ruby versions, and see how they behave. I'll update again with results when they are ready.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org