Hello,

I would like to resurrect the conversation from [ruby-core:32634],
related to Ruby 1.9 Bug report #3889.

RubyInstaller depends on the successful compilation of Ruby under
MinGW. Not only native compilation but also been able to cross-compile
it, so Linux/OSX developers can test and create libraries for Windows
users.

With that in mind and considering our previous collaborations to Ruby,
would like to step up as maintainer of the MinGW support of Ruby main
branches: 1.8.7, 1.9.2 and trunk.

Considering some of these changes could affect mswin32 and mswin64
support, I believe sending my first commits for approval by usa and
nobu to ruby-core before committing.

There are some issues in relation to MinGW support that are blockers
for RubyInstaller.

Please consider my position for this role.

Looking forward for your answers and comments.

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17