Issue #3802 has been updated by Luis Lavena.

Problem with that is add another layer to debug. It will not only require us track which version of Windows the user have, but also which version of winsock wrapper are we using.

It might be possible that having the same dll name trigger warnings from antivirus/spyware software.

Leaving that out for a second, there is a chance it will increase our support requirements (more time investigating what went wrong).

Going to see what we can do in our end without compromising IPV6 support, perhaps dynamically load the function instead of compilation time.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org