On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Aaron Patterson
<aaron / tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 02:03:23PM +0900, Shyouhei Urabe wrote:
>> Issue #3889 has been updated by Shyouhei Urabe.
>>
>> Status changed from Closed to Open
>>
>> Reopening.    >
> I think Luis should be the port maintainer.

Thank you Aaron for the vote, but I'm interested first in understand
what are the roles and duties of a port maintainer.

100% of the work done for RubyInstaller is around mingw and mingw-w64
versions of GCC, I can provide a daily test base and work on this.

However, on this same thread wanabe committed a patch I generated
which only touched mingw section of mkexports. If I has given commits
bits, I would have done the same.

I would like to understand better the roles and responsibilities
before offering myself as maintainer in the light of possible
"mistakes" I could make in the quest of a better MinGW support for
Ruby.

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena