On 2010/09/23 4:41, Johan Holmberg wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Yusuke ENDOH<mame / tsg.ne.jp>  wrote:

> I also like the "x in foo" infix syntax. I would expect it to be a
> membership test, for example in the following situations:
>
>      an_arr = [11,22,33]
>      a_set = Set.new([11,22,33])
>
>      p (10 in an_arr)            # false
>      p (11 in an_arr)            # true
>      p (10 in a_set)             # false
>      p (11 in a_set)             # true
>
> and probably similarly for other "collection type objects" too (I
> believe it works something like that in Python).

Just my two cents, but I don't see why this case is important enough to
warrant deviating from the usual, object-oriented syntax (which may not
always look optimal, but is easy and straightforward).

Regards,    Martin.

--
#-# Martin J. Dst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp