Issue #3826 has been updated by Mark Chapman.

I have since fixed my code and the Seg Fault has gone.  I am a newbie so you will have to forgive any inaccuracies, but I think what happened is as follows:

1.  I had the line
require '/home/mark/Projects/bc/config/environment.rb'
in my program so I could use Rails models

2. Most of the work in my program was being done by class Setup

3. I was passing a rails model type (Regulator) to a class method of Setup

4. In that method, attempts to resolve the rails model name were causing it to be associated with the Setup namespace

5.  I added the line
require '/home/mark/Projects/bc/app/models/regulator.rb'
and the seg fault stopped happening

Hope this helps

Mark

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org