Hello,

Over the past days I've been flooding Redmine with bug reports
associated with cross-compilation (OSX->Windows) using mingw-w64
project.

I've provided patches for some of these issus:

And created others that might require further analysis from core members:

Also, others needs to be closed, since the issue exposed in them has
been solved:

I'm seeking for help from Ruby-Core on the open issues and approval of
the provided patches.

The reason for me bringing this to attention is that to help improve
Windows support, I've created a tool called rake-compiler that allow
Linux/OSX developers test and generate gems for Windows users, pushing
towards a better and more integrated community.

However, latest changes and the backport misses in 1.8.7, 1.9.1 and
1.9.2 from trunk are not allowing this tool provide a working Ruby
version for these developers.

Without that tool and these Rubies, these developers cannot check or
correct issues reported by Windows users, rendering newer gems or
packages useless for them.

Aiming improve the ecosystem, I'm asking here for experienced
Ruby-Core developers that can help us solve these issues.

Thank you in advance for your attention.
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-